Who We Are
When two Congregational parishes merged, they declared a structure at Main Road and Manor Lane in Jamesport to be surplus and put it on the market. Fearing that a new owner might tear it down or turn it into a commercial venture, a group of local residents came together in 2008 and arranged financing to buy the building, starting a new life for a structure built by Puritan settlers in 1731.
Renamed the Jamesport Meeting House, the building, now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, has evolved into a vital not-for-profit venue for a broad range of events, including classical concerts, Broadway performances, bluegrass, folk music, Shakespeare, civic association meetings, lectures and even a community spelling bee.
The oldest public building on the East End of Long Island has also become a popular place to get married.
These many and sundry gatherings have established and enhanced the building’s position as a bedrock community asset, centerpiece of the Jamesport Historic District. In addition, fees generated by them — as well as donations and grants — have enabled us to undertake necessary restorations, a need that still exists.
We invite you to help build upon history by attending our programs, scheduling a wedding, making a donation or volunteering.
Sign Up for Newsletter
Jamesport Meeting House Preservation Trust
P.O. Box 330 (mailing address)
1590 Main Road (corner of Manor Lane)
Jamesport, NY 11947